202 2nd Street E. Hastings, MN 55033
Our people are among the most talented in the industry. It would be our pleasure to put our extensive experience to work for you.
Ericka M. Hakanson
Owner, Massage Therapist, Reiki Master Teacher
My name is Ericka Hakanson. I have been a Massage Therapist since 1995. I am an NAMT certified member. Like many of you I have traveled many paths to get out where I am today.
Here is my story:
I graduated from Center for a Balanced Life in 1995. During my time at massage school I studied Swedish Massage Techniques,Reflexology, Polarity, Sports Massage,Pre./Post natal, Acupressure, and of course Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology.
Upon graduation I was honored when my instructor asked me to come and work for her. At the time I was working for West St.Paul Chiropractic Clinic as a Chiropractic Assistant (CA). After I was licensed and Nationally Certified, the doctor I worked for asked me to work as a Massage Therapist. It seemed like a natural transition. I had worked for the Chiropractic clinic since I was in High school. I was torn between the two places so I decided to work at both. I was excited to start my career, but eager to start a family as well.
In 1997 I got married. We moved to Oakdale. Working at two places and driving the extra miles wasn't working with my personal life. I found a place closer to where we lived. I worked in Lake Elmo. In 2002, our growing family forced us to move . We needed a bigger home!
I tell you timing is everything! West St. Paul Chiropractic called me an offered me a full time massage position. Now I had two beautiful children, a husband and a bigger home closer to work. It seemed like I had come full circle. Then life happened again. The wonderful doctor I worked for retired and sold the practice. I was a little heartbroken. The group of doctors & staff I had worked with for so many years had become like a second family to me. I began to think about where I wanted to be & the type of practice I wanted to have.
In 2005, I moved my business back to where I grew up, Inver Grove Heights. There I worked for a wonderful woman in a great location. At Concepts in Massage Therapy & Bodywork Inc., I learned many new things. I studied Structural Energetic Therapy or SET training. I also learned Stone Massage. After three years, my boss and dear friend informed me that she was going to have to close the business. I had a great client following at this time. I didn't want to move them far, so I moved around the corner to Relax N' Tan.
Working at Relax N' Tan taught me many lessons. Not all lessons were easy. It was a struggling business. In 2009 the owner of the business moved us to Mendota Heights. I was reluctant to move out of my hometown. She had hoped to help the business by building new clientele.
During this time I was searching for peace and harmony, I took classes for Reiki, Kinesiology & Healing Touch. It was the best thing I could have done. Now I am able to offer all of these wonderful services to my clients. After one year of being in our new location the business closed. This brings me to where I am today. I started my own corporation.
On May 24 2010, the City of Inver Grove Heights approved my license. I believe everything happens for a reason. I am excited to finally be on my own. I have always accepted change, I always have faith that everything will work out for the best. I am grateful to my clients who were willing to follow me.
Life continues to surprise and delight me. In September 2018 I got a divorce, In November I moved into my new home in Hastings MN. I guess I wasn't done with all the changes that life brought me during this time. In November 2019 the building that I have worked out of for the past 9 years, sold! I had to move again! I found a beautiful space in my new hometown of Hastings. This space provided me with the opportunity to expand and grow. With a lot of support from loved ones I am proud to announce my dreams are coming true! Pure Serenity expanded into Pure Serenity Wellness Center Inc.!
Please come and experience the first of it's kind...
Pure Serenity's Salt and Selenite Sanctuary!
On my journey I have had the privilege of working with a variety of people with a variety of health issues. I work on people of all ages, from infants to the elderly. Every Wednesday I work with the elderly & hospice patients. With my chiropractic background I believe that massage & chiropractic go hand in hand. I work closely with chiropractors. I do insurance billing for personal injury & workers compensation cases. Athletes, personal trainers & weekend warriors have benefited from my massage techniques as well. I do enjoy working with pregnant women, in fact my massage table is a prenatal table. Some clients are just looking to relax & de-stress, I do that too! After all my business name is Pure Serenity!
I have created a tranquil environment where everyone can feel comfortable & relaxed.
Each client is a blessing to me. I work hard to honor the mind, body & spirit of each individual. When you come in for a massage with me you will have a massage specifically designed for your unique needs, not just some generic massage.
With my years of experience and educational background I am able to offer many techniques to benefit your well-being.
I believe I am a natural born healer. God has given me a gift & it is my honor & privilege to share my gift with you.
Spiritual & Soul Healing Mentoring
Social Media influencer
Intuitive healer, Psychic/Medium
Shanna Maria is:
• Intuitive Healer
• Soul Healing Coach/Social Media Influencer
• Energy Worker: Shamanic: Reiki Kundalini & UsuI Reiki
• Psychic/ Medium
Is an intuitive healer, energy healer, and self- proclaimed 'psychic/medium junkie in the world of psychic, mediums, energy healing and spirituality. One of her favorite spiritual leaders outside of Oprah Winfrey is Gabrielle Bernstein the Spirit Junkie. It's in her DNA.
Her mission is too awaken others out of their slumber, and help inspire people to find happiness, peace of mind, through spiritual enlightenment and self discovery. Shanna has launched her social media platform #FB:LightWarriorscollective with the hope of shining a light and inspiring others to avoid the same pitfalls that she experienced in her own journey and to debunk common myths and misconceptions surrounding the spiritual world and spiritual gifts.
• Shanna, has taught psychic development local to her, and exploring your intuitive gifts and abilities courses. Perhaps more importantly, she has lived her life what she calls her psychic & intuitive roadmap of the soul.
• Over time Shanna has developed her own psychic and intuitive gifts and has learned to develop them in others. (Which means she lives her life now publicly as a psychic/ medium)
• What Shanna brings to you is simple and practical tools & techniques, development roadmap to nurturing your natural born intuitive and psychic abilities. It is her passion in life- and it works!
• As an intuitive healer, Shanna helps with spiritual mentoring and helping others in learning and understanding their own gifts in order to use them as an asset in your life, instead of feeling "cursed." You are not alone, the power in finding your people, your community! #priceless #empowering #powerful
Shanna Maria Offers:
• Powerful and transformative healing events with her team of healers who she surrounds herself with. Also soul retrieval sessions/energy, available for one on one sessions or group events offered as well. Something that you have to experience!
• Offers an arrangement of classes, workshops, and healing events.
• One on one spiritual mentoring/coaching and group sessions available.
•In her classes you learn about your natural born gifts.
• Help you understand energy and how it works. (As Shanna is a childhood abuse survivor, we do have the capability to heal ourselves and she shares her story to inspire others to do what it takes to find true healing and how she was lead into the healing work that she does today)
• Develop your intuitive guidance
This is a journey guided by love and light!
Shanna Maria ❤
" What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
* Ralph Waldo Emerson, Author *
Follow my journey on social media and join the #LightWarriorscollective Community: